|resources:||Home Installation Customising Source Code Contributors Pull Requests Issues Screenshots|
- Please switch for continued support: code and functionality has been integrated into Quote Colors & Collapse for TB 91+
- [Site layout broken by MozDev, I know]
- Version 2.0 adds compatibility with TB 68+
- Version 1.0 adds partial collapsing
- Version 0.9 adds support for SeaMonkey
- Git interface
- Version 0.8 adds support for Thunderbird 3.0
- Description for keybinding.
- Version 0.7 adds support for Thunderbird 1.5
- Version 0.6 adds support for Thunderbird 1.5b
- Version 0.5 adds theme support and a smaller hotspot
If you have ever been bothered by excessive quotes in e-mails or newsgroup posts (especially in mailing list mirrors), this is the extension for you. It automatically collapses all quotes, and expands them again on a click. Hold down SHIFT while clicking, and all quotes contained in the current one will be collapsed/expanded. Hold down CTRL, and all quotes of the same nesting level will be toggled. Hold down CTRL and SHIFT, and all quotes will be toggled. See Customising if you want a key binding for QuoteCollapse.
How it works
The extension toggles a CSS attribute of quotes, so that the style can be switched using CSS. Note that this implies:
- QuoteCollapse works with plain text mails in the standard configuration.
- It works with HTML mails if you view the message body as original HTML or simple HTML.
- It does not work with HTML mails if you view them as plain text, because this explicitely turns off all styling.
- It does not work with plain text mails if you switch off graphical quotes and block quotes using hidden preferences (see, e.g., Holger Metzger's FAQ), because this turns off the necessary style elements as well (you can switch off graphical quotes, just don't switch off block quotes).
- It intentionally does not influence the text in the composer; otherwise changed styles would be included in the HTML which gets sent out.
- It coexists happily with other extensions changing the style, such as QuoteColors.
- It can be customised through CSS, see Customising.
- Post screenshot :)
- Preferences for collapsing/expanding by default
- Key binding
- Preference for collapsed size: version 1.0 adds partial collapsing
- Detect quotes smaller than the collapse size: version 1.0 adds partial collapsing
- Restrict active area to twisty: done in version 0.5
- Better support for themes: done in version 0.5
- Document customisation: done
- Version for Mozilla Suite: done in version 0.3
- Expand/collapse recursively and by level: done in version 0.2